The Human Resource Coordinator will be responsible for the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruitment, onboarding, assisting in pay, benefits, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position will be located in Warren, MI for the next 6-8 months while our new headquarters location is being built in Novi, MI at the corner of 14 Mile Rd and M5.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verification.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Assists in monthly, quarterly, and yearly required reporting (ACA, 5500, EEOC, etc).
- Acts as backup for benefit/payroll administrator for the company.
- Assists with maintaining/updating HR database with necessary changes.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field; and/or work experience equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources; at least 2+ years in payroll/benefit function preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; extended knowledge of Excel pivot tables/v-lookup a plus
- Experience with HRIS and payroll systems a plus
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn are a must
- Occasionally moves up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently standing, twisting, bending
- Operate a computer
Berkshire Production Supply Company LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.