The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for managing and supporting their assigned group of suppliers from an accounts payable perspective. This individual will work closely with suppliers and teammates to ensure each AP task is performed at the level expected of each associate. This position is currently located in Warren, MI for the next 6-8 months while our new headquarters facility is being built. The new location will be in Novi, MI at the corner of 14 Mile Rd and M5.
- Manage a group of vendor accounts to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner, prioritizing payments to suppliers within discount period to obtain maximum cost control.
- Apply correct check and balance procedures.
- Resolve problems and disputes on invoices, purchase orders, receipts and statements.
- Analyze and reconcile a large volume of accounts payable invoices utilizing the three-way match process (invoices to packing slips to purchase order receipts).
- Filing of completed paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or 2+ years’ experience working in accounts payable function.
- Well organized, thoughtful and largely self-directed individual.
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams to achieve company goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with employees, vendors and customers.
Berkshire Production Supply Company LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.