The Telesales Account Representative, is responsible for utilizing pre-planned, targeted programs to enable, drive and elevate Berkshire eSupply position and penetration into the assigned territory. This person will develop opportunities and increase sales with current and potential distributor customers while achieving sales and profitability objectives through a combination of proactive telesales and in-house campaign projects. This position will be located in Warren, MI for the next 6-8 months as we finish building our new Headquarters location in Novi, MI at the corner of 14 Mile Rd and M5.
- Identify and develop strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships in key markets, inform customers of current sales and marketing programs, and effectively close the sales opportunities that are uncovered. Resolve any account issues in a timely fashion.
- Utilize pre-planned programs to drive qualified opportunities into sales results. This may include participation in preparing for the program; understanding the value proposition; penetrating accounts; following up, sending fully detailed leads and other information to sales management.
- Handle program and product promotions, contracts and price quotations, direct mailings.
- Identify and forecast in advance, strategic in-person sales calls to key customers, to close new partnership opportunities and strengthen relationships.
- Assess and identify the service gaps proactively to management.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Responsible for identifying areas of customer need, profiling the decision-making process, and interviewing key decision-makers to conduct a needs assessment and understand internal agendas.
- Work with sales management to further qualify any prospects or leads that come from the programs. Keep open communication to insure timely and complete follow up with a lead.
- Follow up and further qualify inbound prospects and customers that either call Berkshire eSupply directly, come to our website, or that attend a trade show or other event.
- Make outbound calls daily depending upon the program or project type.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business-to-business sales, outbound telesales, and/or telemarketing; metalworking sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred specialization in business
- Excellent project management, organizational, written and communication skills
- Must have the ability to establish superior communication rapport and build demand over the phone
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve company goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Production Tool Supply Company LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.