The Accountant is responsible for maintaining the company’s books and records and providing information, analysis and insight into the operations of the company. They will also have various operational responsibilities and will work closely with the entire accounting/finance teams. **This position will be located at our current headquarters location in Warren, MI until mid 2020 as we finish the build of our new headquarters facility in Novi, MI at the corner of 14 Mile & M5.
- Examines accounting records, including financial statements, general ledgers, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Supports physical inventory and cycle count policies and procedures and associated audit.
- Participates in a variety of accounting and financial applications and reports.
- Process Transaction and Journal Entries.
- Analyze Balance Sheet and Expense Accounts.
- Bank Statement Reconciliations.
- Completing Bank deposits.
- Administrate and monitor terms of company agreements.
- Conduct due diligence, transition, and integration for Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Compiling data, preparing returns, partnering with third party providers to file Multi-State sales & Local business taxes (SALT).
- Research tax laws and changes as applicable to the company.
- Maintains fixed asset records for multiple locations throughout the U.S. with Book / Tax depreciation and personal property tax return info.
- Administrate of company lease vehicles.
- Administrate Commission Programs.
- Administrate company insurance policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Certification as a CPA a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Well organized, thoughtful, logical, analytical and largely self-directed individual
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Software with focus on Excel and Power BI
- Familiarity with AS400 based software preferred
- Familiarity with Creative Solutions Fixed Asset Software preferred
- Transactional analysis and problem solving using large data sets
Production Tool Supply Company LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.